„The Workshop on Classification and Subject Indexing in Library and Information Science (LIS’2018) is held in conjunction
with the 107th Bibliothekartag ( at the Estrel Congress Center Berlin.
The Workshop on Library and Information Science (LIS’2018) solicits contributions on the role of classification and data analysis in this domain. Topics in these area include but are not limited to:
- Classification and subject indexing in the context of catalogs and resource discovery systems
- Methods, approaches and applications in subject indexing, classification and data analysis in different countries
- Open Access to classification systems: How can we provide a sustainable classification infrastructure?
- Linked (subject) data (E.g. Faceted classification and Linked Data architectures: a happy alignment?)
- Classification, Subject indexing and the Semantic Web (E.g. Taxonomies and Semantic Web Ontologies: how closely are they related to each other?)
- Automatic and manual methods in Classification and Subject indexing (E.g. Mappings, concordances, heuristics)
- Classification of research data
- Subject retrieval in multilingual and multicultural environments
- Serendipity in library collections and digital libraries
The workshop languages are German and English.
Participants intending to present a talk are invited to submit
an abstract via the conference website of the Bibliothekartag:
Please state that your contribution will be part of the LIS Workshop (Field: Dieser Beitrag passt … zur Sitzung).
All abstracts will undergo a reviewing process.
Please note that the abstract submission deadline is 4. December 2018.
Accepted contributed and invited presentations may be published as post conference peer-reviewed full papers in the open access e-journal Archives of Data Science.
Scientific Program Committee
* Frank Scholze, KIT Karlsruhe, Germany (Chair)
* Ewald Brahms, Univ. Hildesheim, Germany
* Andreas Geyer-Schulz, KIT Karlsruhe, Germany
* Stefan Gradmann, KU Leuven, Belgium
* Monika Lösse, German National Library Leipzig, Germany
* Bernd Lorenz, FHÖV Munich, Germany
* Michael Mönnich, KIT Karlsruhe, Germany
* Magnus Pfeffer, HdM Stuttgart, Germany
* Heidrun Wiesenmüller, HdM Stuttgart, Germany“